It happend in spring 2012. I put it in the field in my parent´s garden, and forgot it for a season. I peeled the bark for new roots and planted the awful trunk almost without roots a little deeper in the ground. The tree survived...
When I wanted to plant it in a first container in spring 2013, I found some new roots and cut off the old roots. I screwed down in ihe trunk a small wooden plate to anchor it in a container. Some carving work was done in summer 2013. This was the very first tree I tried to carve with Dremel. And the elm grows futher like crazy...
I wasn´t satisfied with the trunk taper. In may 2014 I decided to make another air-layering.
I separated the tree from the old roots in late august 2014.
This is a tree in a first pot in november 2014.
After the first branch selection in april 2015.
Golden leaves in november 2015.
20.9.2016. Overall appearance starts to be fine :) I´m happy with this "no future" tree.